Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finally Here!

Note to self (and others): Leaving the airport when you have 2 hours between landing and your next flight taking off, no matter the temptation (In N Out), especially when your first flight was late...not the greatest idea. But fun? Absolutely. My layover in LAX offered a perfect time to see Mr. Rob Healy and play quick catch up and stuff myself on In N Out. This was all going according to plan until the garage where we had parked to eat was locked and Rob had to sprint to Walgreens to get the store manager (who was busy doing work on a potential lady friend) to let the car out. Which ended up with me sprinting through the LAX airport at breakneck speed and arriving at the gate just in time to make it on board and now slightly sweaty with a 14.5 hour flight in front of me. totally worth it.

I slept through almost all of the flight so not much there.

I arrived to sun and fun in Sydney. After waiting in line to get through customs, then to get my bag, then to get out of baggage claim, I purchased a phone that makes my current one look like an iPhone (anyone who knows my phone understands the magnitude of that statement) and found my shuttle. On the way to the shuttle a nice, older, pot bellied man approached me dragging on his cigarette and asking how old I was. I said 23. He laughed. I frowned. He then said he was sorry there was such an age gap and that I was too young for him. Yup, that's right buddy, it's the age in this situation thats keeping us apart. Not your yellowing teeth or slight stench of BO mixed with sunscreen thats the problem...Go Australia.

MY hostel is nice little building in the Pott's Point area of Sydney, right by King's Cross which is known for it's nightlife. I met two very sweet girls upon arriving, Fiona from Belgium and Chelsea from San Diego, and after a quick shower and purchase of necessities we made our way to Bondi Beach. I spent the afternoon lounging in the sun, frolicking in the water and doing some of the best people watching I have done in a while. Mullets are a big thing here.

Now its off to shower, rest and get ready for the night...hope everyone is doing well back home and in their respective areas of the country, I miss you all!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment