Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here Goes Nothing...

I figured I would give this little blog thing a try before I left on my adventure. I'm in the PDX Airport and since arriving here I have had some mumbling, odd looking man try to commandeer my bag in hopes of a tip (seriously he wanted to wheel the stupid thing 30 feet and got mad when I said I'd do it myself) and I really don't even know if he worked at the airport or not. I also was conned into signing up for a free credit card (joke's on them, no one wants to give me a credit card) with the bonus of a free flight anywhere in the US--so, who wants me come New Years? Any takers? I was compensated for my form filling out time with a nice head rest pillow and super cool alarm clock/calculator. I ride in style, duh. I think I paced up and down in front of the Rogue Brewery for a solid five minutes trying to decide whether I should start my travel experience off with a celebratory drink. I decided against it and am now not really sure why, perhaps my mind will change in LA. I did, however, purchase a "rip city" shirt so all of you Blazer fans-look for me on the Fans Around the World segment they do during Blazer games, I am going to win whatever it is that they give away for that. Just don't tell them I pre-planned this, it seems much cooler if they think I was just spontaneously in Australia with my Blazer love showing.

Ok planes about to take off....I promise these posts will get better once I actually have something about my trip to write about.

And yes, sadly, I miss you all already. I'm hoping that changes with Australian accents and summer in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment